Monday, April 2, 2012

My First Date in ATL

Ok I have to share this fam. My date was so bad on Friday I had to write into The Strawberry Letter  on the Steve Harvey Morning Show. I hope it get's air time. Here it goes....

                                          Title: If he’s not gay he should be..

Hi Steve and Shirley,

 Steve I'm about to give you one. So I'm a 42yr old woman and I decided to try online dating since I'm new to Atlanta. I met this man online and we were talking consistently for about a week. However, during our conversations “suspect” flags went up. The first (orange) flag went up when I heard is soft voice. But I let it go.....not all men have deep voices. Then (orange flag #2) popped up when he mentioned that he likes to burn candles while watching TV ALONE…huh?

Then (burnt orange flag #3) when he said he likes to buy flowers for his ladies and then like a light bulb hit him, he said he loves the smell of fresh flowers and needed to buy some for himself. Then he said that he loves body wash and likes to smell like a different fragrance everyday WTF? So a week in we decided to meet and I really wanted to see this guy in person, because if my feelings were right, I had to X him S.T.A.T. STEVE....we met up for drinks and off the bat he wasn't dressed to impress, more like for picnic. Later I would realize that his outfit of choice (denim shorts, sneakers, T and baseball cap) was his attempt to "man up”…..but that was a FAIL! Now I was looking good, and he complimented me as soon as he arrived, stating that he was “star struck” but I was still like hmmm (raised eyebrow). But when he gave a nervous laugh AND COVERED HIS MOUTH WHILE LAUGHING LIKE A 12 YR OLD GIRL. I was like Oh hell no and ordered a drink with the quickness. 
 

The date went on for a little while longer as I was looking for the right out. But watching him squirm in his seat and avoid eye contact, and continue to look around was getting on my nerves. So I decided to GO IN and ask…..So what’s the deal with all the DL brothas down here? I said that I don’t judge gay relationships, and asked him what his thoughts were on why men drag women into their mess? DEAD SILENCE. You could hear the worm swimming in the Tequila. I asked him what was wrong and he said and I quote “ I don’t know what you’re talking about” Really, Seriously…..OK. But what he said next was the OUT I was looking for. In an effort to engage in on the subject he chose to tell me a story about how he and his buddies were hanging out and saw a bunch of dudes sitting at the other table and HE SAID to his buddies…..”they look like they s@ck Di@k! WHAT? WHAT MAN SAYS THAT? NO STRAIGHT MAN I KNOW WANTS THAT TO ROLL OFF THEIR LIPS. This was clearly a CRIMSON FLAG! I was out, date over, he’s as gay as a days long. And if he’s not he should be!
 

 Oh before I forget….he prefers sweet drinks and likes to drink wine while taking a bath……SO DO I! Steve why do you (think) gay men scope out women? If they are gay, dammit be gay. It’s not fair…. How is a single women suppose to handle this mess? And why is he still texting me………….I’m not lending him my shoes!
 

Thank God I have Gay Dar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment