Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hot Spot Showcase: Cafe Circa Restuarant & Lounge

  t h e   s c e n e

TGIF, my co-worker and I decided to jump start the weekend with dinner and drinks at Cafe Circa. As a newbie to ATL I had never been there before, but neither had Di and she's been here a couple years, so it was going to be a first for the both of us. I researched their website (a) to scope out the scene (b) to skim over the menu, since I'm such a picky eater & (c) get a handle on the price point. Everything seemed cool online, and I couldn't wait for 5pm, so I could hit the road to the city and get my drink on.
CafĂ© Circa is located in Downtown Atlanta in the  historic and quaint Old 4th Ward district. Driving through the neighborhood reminded me a of the trendy "Village"  streets of New York. The restaurant is located around the corner from The Martin Luther King Memorial Site, (also on my "places to go" list), and was really easy to find. Of course Sally (my GPS) was on duty, God knows I would be lost without her. I was really concerned with finding parking as it was a Friday night and everyone and their mother was out. Conveniently there is a small (free) parking lot right next to the restaurant that is shared between Cafe Circa and another establishment. Warning the lot is really small, too small actually to be shared by two business'. I had to drive around the block a couple of times in order for a spot to open, and found the perfect spot right in front. It's worth it for the price.......free.

The restaurants interior is complimented with dimmed lighting, casual yet chic interior, gives you a cool, grown and sexy vibe. To our surprise we discovered that there was also a rooftop called "The Reserve" and since the weather was so nice we opted to eat outside. I'm really glad we did because the rooftop was really cute and downright sexy. The Reserve's decor is a combination of tall bar tables and stools, chic wooden tables accented with lime green lounge chairs, and hints of orange hues gives it that sexy feel I was referring to. The adult after work crowd also added to the ambiance and I felt like I was back home at one of my old hot spots with my BFF (shout out to Kay!).


f o o d  a n d  d r i n k s


dinner menu
We started off with drinks (of course) and our drink of choice was the "Thai One On" which was not only beautiful as well as tasty. It is made of Strawberry-lychee infused Ciroc Vodka, St. Germaine, lemon and lychee juice. The strawberry (as the picture shows) was actually made into an ice cube which makes a beautiful ring in the center. Very pretty and the perfect drink for a girls night out. Thing is it's not very strong so we were forced to have 3 or 4......uh yeah that was the reason LOL.

The Caribbean inspired menu offers a unique variety of dishes including Lamb burgers, Gumbo, Tofu, Oxtails and Seafood to name a few. For appetizers or what they call "Small Plates"  we had the Guava Jerk Wings and Circa Beef Patties, which were both yummy. You're given a really healthy portion of wings, so if you're a light eater, this may be just enough for you. Since we were drinking, we needed more, on to the entree.  We both ordered the Shrimp and Grits for our entree and jointly enjoyed every bite. Having being raised on southern cooking I am no newcomer to fish and grits, but I have to say I had never had grits cooked with onions and peppers before, and I genuinely enjoyed my meal.

b o n u s
cigar menuWe we were having a really good time, dinner did not disappoint, we had a cocktail and were getting in some serious girl talk. Then I noticed  group of ladies at the table in front of us had ordered cigars. NO WAY....THIS IS A CIGAR BAR TOO!! I was psyched, and had to have one. I guess the nostalgia of hanging with my neighbors back home during the summer and smoking cigars from DR was kicking in.  My friend had never had a cigar and was down to give it a shot. We both had that "I'm being naughty" feeling and giggled a bit, kind of like like being back at college. The downside was that they didn't have any of the Cigars we wanted in stock. Our server went back a few times returning to say they were out of this and out of that....not cool. We eventually just asked him to pick out a starter cigar for no more than $8 and he did just that. He lighted us up and we sat there puffing away like two old school gangster Wanna Be's, quite comical now that I think about it. Still a lot of fun and what's sexier than two hot chicas (that would be us) smoking a big old Cigar.

t h u m b s  u p?


I have to say we really had a great time at Cafe Circa and would definitely go back. Besides the out of stock cigars and I can take or leave that, we have nothing but good things to say. The servers were all very attentive and friendly or was it the number of drinks we had...hmm. Lets go with attentive and friendly. The food does not disappoint and the prices are reasonable. Just make sure to pick a drink that has a bit more kick so you're not forced to drink as much as we did....OK fine we're lushes happy now? Seriously Cafe Circa is a great spot, the roof top is what's up  for the summer, perfect for a girls night out, or hot date. Even the spot for guys (or girls) who want to get their cigar fix. That along with the ambiance, and grown and sexy crowd it's definitely a THUMBS UP! Special Thanks to my girlfriend Di, for picking such a hot spot!

If you're ever in ATL you should make it your business to check it out. Now I just have to find a date.........
~SOTM~

s o t m  h o t p i c k s








No comments:

Post a Comment